31.1.08

Super Bowl XLII


Like lots of people, I mostly watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. And the food. I totally eat like a boy... We are making fried chicken with a blue cheese dip, mozzarella sticks, corn chowder (from Costco) corn bread with honey butter, chips and salsa (from Paula's) and this yummy brownie recipe:

Reader’s Digest Winning Brownies

2 cubes butter
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
4 eggs
1 ½ cups flour
½ to 1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. mini marshmallows

Mix butter, sugar, cocoa. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour, nuts and vanilla. Bake 25 minutes at 350º. Remove and cover evenly with marshmallows. Put back in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until marshmallows puff and toast. Cool for 1 hour. Frost with frosting.

Frosting:

¾ cup butter
2 ½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup cocoa
½ cup evaporated milk
½ tsp. vanilla

There is nothing healthy about this meal. Go Patriots!

4 comments:

Jace Hirschi said...

Did you really just cheer for the patriots? Seriously? Even if it is only Tom Hottie related (which it better be), I'm still über disappointed. And if its because you're actually a Jets fan and as a Jets fan you have to hate the Giants, then thats just really sad.

Also, you lived in NY and if you don't root for the New York Football Giants, you can never return. That's really the end of the discussion.

Also Also, if you were being sarcastic, I apologize for my ignorance. Please bless you were being sarcastic.

AlsoX3, I'll now only make your husband britches if they say something derisive about Tom Brady. Like "Tom Sucks" or "TB is Ugly" or something equally as childish. And the britches are $20.

carly k said...

Fat Head, for your information, I don't even like football. In fact, I really dislike it. I do want the Patriots to win and the Celtics to win the basketball thing so that New England would be a triple threat. And I really, really like Boston and wish I would have moved there.

I did see pretty-boy Tom on the street in NY once. He dresses like an idiot! I think he is lame for getting what's her name (she's gorgeous, I think) pregnant and then leaving her for Giselle (who I also saw in NY and is ridicuously gorgeous). Maybe you should make panties that say "Tom Sucks"...that reminds me of the t-shirt I saw at a Red Sox game.... "A-Rod Slaps Balls"!! Haha! Because, remember when he slapped the ball out of the first baseman's glove?

Caralyn said...

Oh My goodness Carly you just might be my favorite person! I love reading your blog:) I made the Apple Sauce cookies and they were good..but your were better!
I wish I could watch the superbowl at your house! it sounds like its going to be tasty and fun!

Lesley said...

I hear ya about the food girl! I am all about the chips, dip, wings, and anything else that is bad for me to eat! Enjoy.