26.2.08

Pat Bday Dinner

On Saturday night we had a BBQ with our friends the Campbells, along with Pat's parents, to celebrate Pat's birthday. I woke up Saturday morning to prepare the meats so they could marinate as long as possible. We had Ka-Bam Kabobs, courtesy of Emiril Lagasse, that were seriously da bomb!! I did wrap each piece of sirloin in bacon before grilling and I also added pineapple to the kabob. I'm not a huge meat eater, but the marinade and rub made this amazing!! I can't wait to make it again!

I also made a peanut chiken kabob (we just put the chicken on a skewer) that was especially tasty. I didn't have curry powder, so I made it without. We put the chicken on top of coconut rice (it needs a little more sugar than the recipe calls for) and then topped the chicken with crushed peanuts and green onion.

And, thank you Erin for the amazingly-delicious strawberry-frosted cupcakes! I finished them off the next morning for breakfast! hehe!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks again for having us. We love you guys!
Love
Jen