28.3.08

The Kite Runner



I have been wanting to see this movie for forever! I read the book and loved it, so hopefully I will love watching the DVD, too. My brother saw it (at Madonna's private screening, might I add) and said that he liked it and that it was really intense and really honest. I told him, "I know, duh, I read the book." And he says, "No. Carly. They stone a woman to death. It is heartbreaking."


I learned so much about the culture and the people in Afganistan by reading this and Khaled Hosseini's second book, A Thousand Splendid Suns. I had a hard time putting it down and would read late into the night. I love books like that! It was really humbling for me to realize how blessed I am to be a woman in America.

2 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I can't get over your nephews lips, he is so cute!!! How fun for you, your first nephew!!!

Erika Tebbs said...

Carly- I just so happened to glance over your blog again and I too had the same feelings about both of these books. They make you so greatful for whatever situation we find ourselves in because even on our worst days we have freedom. It is so hard to mentally try to understand how people can be so cruel. I will never forget a thousand splendid suns.