24.3.08

The Prophet


This is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. I bought it in a used book store in New York about this time last year, right before I came home. My favorite line in the book says,


"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."

~Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
This reminds me to not be so uptight and to delight in such small and simple things like bare feet and a breeze.
If you need an enlightening read, you can borrow my copy.

2 comments:

Kelli Eudis said...

Hey Carly, I never knew who that quote was from until now. It has been one of my favorites for years. It was in a journal I bought right after highschool, but it had no name with it. Thanks!

carly k said...

Kelli, that is so funny because I totally thought of you while I was posting that:) You should definately read this book...it seems like it would be something you would love.